Bismarck School District
- Job ID: 2510274
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
August 16, 2021
Instructional Support > Substitute
POSITION TITLE: Custodian
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective grooming skills
- Ability to lift 55 pounds to shoulder height occasionally
- Ability to push / pull a minimum of 20 pounds frequently
- Must be at least 21 years of age
REPORTS TO: Custodial Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform major cleaning tasks such as vacuuming, wet-mopping, sweeping, dusting, emptying trash (lifting waste paper and debris - minimum of 55 lbs.) and pencil sharpeners, cleaning chalkboards/dry erase boards and disinfecting drinking fountains.
- Clean restrooms, including floors and all fixtures (i.e.: urinals, toilets, sinks, mirrors, partitions, and counters). Ensure restrooms are clean and disinfected.
- Wash windows and sills (door glass).
- Perform ongoing tasks such as replacing light bulbs (climb ladders), filling dispensers, and setting up facilities for student and adult use (lifting furniture, boxes, and tables-minimum of 55 lbs.).
- Make minor building repairs and promptly report major repairs needed to the Custodial Supervisor.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are appropriately locked.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs, as well as regular bending and standing as needed in a daily shift.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a professional relationship with students, faculty, administration and community patrons.
- Submit all data and information as requested.
- Regularly monitor district email for pertinent communication.
- Attend meetings as scheduled by supervisors and District Administrators.
- Complete requested paperwork.
Employment based through ESS substitute services.
Support Staff > Custodian
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bismarck School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.