Position Title: Middle School Science Teacher
Reports To: Building Principal
Contract: 2019-2020 School Year
Closing Date: Until Filled
SUMMARY: The middle school teacher will plan and provide for appropriate learning experiences for students. Provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure success for every student. Supervise students in a variety of school related settings. Monitor and evaluate student outcomes. Communicate and interact with students, parents, staff and community. Develop, select and modify instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students. Maintain appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices. Monitor appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meet the needs, interests and abilities of students
- Create a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Provide an instructional program to meet the needs of all students.
- Be prepared for classes, develop lesson plans, and provide written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Adhere to the curriculum pacing guide in order to maximize student learning.
- Establish learning objectives consistent with appraisal of student needs, requirements of Arkansas learning standards and curriculum frameworks and knowledge of human growth and development.
- Plan for and utilize instructional methods, resources and evaluation techniques which motivate and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Take all necessary and safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and District policy.
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
- Develop reasonable classroom behavior rules and procedures, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Establish relationships with colleagues, students, parents and community which reflect recognition of and respect for every individual.
- Participate cooperatively with the appropriate administrator in the evaluation process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/LICENSURE/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree required; field of study correlated to teaching assignment as a middle school teacher with one the approved licensure code or an equivalent middle level licensure code for grades 6-8. Teachers with experience are valued; however, no prior experience is required.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Successful completion of pre-employment background checks. Appropriate personal and professional conduct at all times around students, other staff members and the general public.
The Jacksonville North Pulaski School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of the Jacksonville North Pulaski School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.