Position Title: Cybersecurity Education Specialist Teacher
Reports To: Building Principal
Contract: 2019-2020 School Year (244 Days)
Closing: Until Filled
SUMMARY: The Cybersecurity Education Specialist is responsible for instructing computer science to students at the high school level on how computers work, from the basic science and mathematics behind their operation to the actual hardware and the software built on those foundations. The Cybersecurity Education Specialist will specifically teach students to create, test and implement network disaster recovery plans, install firewalls, data encryption and other security measures,understand cybersecurity best practices and the concept of ethical hacking. This position is a 12-month teaching position where part of the assignment includes organizing and conducting a summer camp for students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches skills, knowledge and understanding by utilizing course guidelines aligned with Arkansas teaching/learning standards and other appropriate curriculum pacing guides in teaching individual course content.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in keyboarding, accounting, record keeping, office procedures, business law, business communication, basic business and consumer math.
- Instructs students on Computer business applications using Microsoft suite/applications
- Instructs students in problem-solving methods, teamwork activities and workplace readiness skills.
- Develops and uses ongoing assessments to monitor student progress, and make adjustments to curriculum and instruction where needed to enhance the learning process.
- Maintains all required records regarding student participation, inventory, and other CTE required documents for the Technical Assistance Visit (TAV).
- Actively sponsors and participates in student youth organizations.
- Submits all appropriate reports for Career Education to the ACE (AR Dept of Career Ed) prior to all deadlines.
- Participates in the professional organization.
- Maintains all career education required certificates.
- Required training and development of student summer camps.
- Maintains an advisory committee.
- Compile required reports for program
- Collect and analyze program data
- Sponsor parent nights to exhibit student work and performance
- Performing marketing and student recruitment for the program
- Establish partnerships with industry, military, and higher education agencies
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
- Supervises students in and out-of-classroom during the assigned school day.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Assists students in attaining industry certifications
- Maintains professional competence through professional learning activities provided by the District, and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Complete required state and local trainings
- Participate cooperatively with the appropriate administrator in the evaluation process.
- Maintains equipment and software programs
- Assist the school district in maintaining security of the computer network
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/LICENSURE/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in related field is required; field of study correlated to teaching assignment as a computer science / cybersecurity teacher. Required training will be completed after hire for ADE approval to teach courses. Teachers with experience are valued; however, no prior experience is required.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Multiple professional industry certifications from the following CompTIA list: A+, Cloud+, Linux+, Network+, Mobility+, Security+, Server+, CySA+. ; experience in networking systems, information technology, or network security is strongly recommended. Successful completion of pre-employment background checks. Appropriate personal and professional conduct at all times around students, other staff members and the general public.
The Jacksonville North Pulaski School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of the Jacksonville North Pulaski School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.