SPECIAL NEEDS BUS AIDE SUBSTITUTE
Siloam Springs School District (learn more)
- Job ID: 2996843
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
August 23, 2018
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Instructional Support > Substitute
POSITION TITLE: Special Needs Bus Aide
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required. Must be
CPR certified. Must be physically able to lift or assist students, push and pull students in wheelchairs and other equipment.
REPORTS TO: Transportation Director
Specific Job Duties/Requirements:
- Maintain order and student safety on the bus
- Seat and assist in the securement of all students
- Administer first aid and assistance for students with severe physical needs
- Monitor and maintain a safe bus environment.
- Upgrade skills and knowledge on a regular basis to meet the needs of every student
- Working knowledge of operation of a wheelchair lift
- Working knowledge and operation of wheelchair tie downs and wheelchair securement
- Communication skills to work with parents and students
- Team player mentality
- Ability to work with a wide variety of disabilities and personalities.
- It is paramount that you maintain confidentiality of student and parent information.
- Display tact and courtesy while establishing and maintaining effective work relationships
- Attend monthly meetings and in-service trainings
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Support Staff > Supervisory Aide
Support Staff > Transportation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Siloam Springs School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.