Department: Information Technology Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Assistant Superintendent
Grade/Level: District Level Amount of Travel Required: Minimal
Work Schedule: Positions Supervised:
245-day contract, normal office hours 7:30AM -4:30PM, Monday through Friday, with expectation to go beyond those hours when necessary.
Manages employees of the Information Technology Department including network/systems administrator, computer technicians, phone technicians, AV technicians, and other information technology personnel.
Responsible for overseeing the planning and operation of the information technology services of the District.
- Knowledgeable in adopted policies of the Board of Education and ensures departmental operations within those policies.
- Participates with county and state organization in staying abreast of informational services and other district-related issues.
- Attends various events (e.g. meetings, conferences, training sessions, district information sessions, Board Meetings, administrator events) for the purpose of communicating and/or gathering information required to perform the functions of the
- Authorizes permissions and individual access to technology applications or services for the purpose of ensuring proper access to technology systems by staff, students, parents and others consistent with district operating guidelines and
- Communicates technology related activities in a timely manner to all
- Directs the installation of technology systems and tools (e.g. hardware, software, systems, wiring, specialized applications and tools) for the purpose of ensuring the safe, timely and efficient installation of technology equipment and
- Maintains technology equipment and systems (e.g. servers, telephone systems, software applications, network) for the purpose of ensuring that systems are functioning properly and effectively in support of district administrative and educational
- Manages procurement, inventory and surplus of technology equipment, systems and related services for the purpose of ensuring that all technology purchases for goods and/or services are consistent with the district’s technology objectives, consistent with local, district and state
- Monitors technology budget and expenditures for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate and expenses are within budget limits and that fiscal practices and Board of Education policies are
- Oversees functioning of the technology operations of the district for the purpose of ensuring an effective, efficient and safe environment, where technology equipment and applications are utilized appropriately and efficiently to support routine administrative and educational functions of the
- Prepares a wide variety of documents, reports and materials (e.g. reports, policy and procedure documents, emails, memos, correspondence, budget, specifications, plans and drawings, analysis and test results, and cost estimates) for the purpose of providing necessary information to support district operations, including reporting internally and externally to the state or federal agencies, and other entities as required by district, state and/or federal
- Researches outside funding opportunities and grants for the purpose of providing additional funding to enhance technology within the
- Supervises assigned technology staff (e.g. hiring recommendations, interviewing, training, evaluations, ) for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the work force and meeting operational requirements.
- Supports the implementation of operational and educational technology initiatives (e.g. new systems, educational programs, hardware) for the purpose of assisting with delivery and implementation of initiatives, providing support and assistance to others, providing oversight of projects and/or training and providing information to others to ensure successful
- Tests technology applications, tools and programs for the purpose of assessing proposed products, programs or tools to provide feedback for the administrative decision processes, to ensure appropriate acquisition of educational and operational technology solutions and to assist others with these functions.
- Ensures that report formats meet all state, local and in-district reporting requirements including time schedules.
- Analyzes and recommends periodic capital equipment requests.
- Serves as administrative liaison to the Board in matters involving technology.
- Monitors the constant change in technologies and keeps staff informed of those changes.
- Participates with the Administrative Team.
- Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Regular attendance - Regular attendance to maximize student progress.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Loyal - The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Persistence - Ability to complete tasks or continue in a course of action in spite of opposition or discouragement.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Team Building - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field; preferably management in an information technology environment for a minimum of five years.
A minimum of five years related experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Windows server 2008, 2012, 2016; web email; voice over IP phones; interactive boards; Internet content filters; E-Rate, digital message systems; Windows Active Directory suite. A working knowledge of school related software and hardware as it relates to school finance and school operation, in addition to wide-area network knowledge. A working knowledge of instructional hardware and software. Ability to train employees on instructional software, as well as administrators and secretarial staff on APSCN and other administrative related programs. A working knowledge of acquisition, maintenance and training methods for informational technologies. Ability to accurately convert district data to meet state reporting data requirements.
Certificates & Licenses
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial
reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory
agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that
conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to administrators,
public/community groups, and Board of Education.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 10 lbs or less F (Frequently)
Walk F (Frequently) 11-20 lbs F (Frequently)
Sit F (Frequently) 21-50 lbs F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently) 51-100 lbs F (Frequently)
Reach Outward F (Frequently) Over 100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder F (Frequently)
Climb F (Frequently)
Crawl F (Frequently)
Squat or Kneel F (Frequently)
Bend F (Frequently)
Push / Pull
12 lbs or less F (Frequently)
13-25 lbs F (Frequently)
26-40 lbs F (Frequently)
41-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (ability to converse with others, conduct telephone conversations)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet. The stress level is moderate at times dealing with reporting deadlines, finances, etc. The position usually demands meeting deadlines with severe time constraints and frequently working irregular or extended hours.
The NLRSD Human Resources Office has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by the Superintendent of Schools as deemed appropriate.
The North Little Rock School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.