Assistant Football Coach/Teacher
Must be able to teach core subject areas outside of PE/Health or willing to obtain a license in other areas (preferably Social Studies)
1. To be an effective educator in the classroom and on the field.
2. To assist in maintaining high academic standards for all students.
3. To direct the athletic program in all phases at a high level of professionalism and enthusiasm.
4. To work cooperatively with other athletic coaches in order to operate a well-balanced athletic program.
5. To foster among the participants and spectators an appreciation of the values of athletics, a desire to win, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and a sense of pride in self, team, school and community.
ESSENTIAL OR REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Demonstrate proper sportsmanship and respect for players, officials, opponents, fans, and other coaches.
2. Maintain good public relations with media, boosters, parents, officials, players, fans, etc.
3. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, staff, and school administration.
4. Serve as a positive role model for students, coaching staff, and the community.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to implement effective coaching theory, strategies, and techniques appropriate for high school athletes.
6. Effectively motivate student athletes to participate and sustain their interests in the program.
7. Work effectively with student athletes of varying abilities, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds to instill commitment, discipline, and teamwork.
8. Demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to and keep abreast of rules and regulations set forth by Arkansas Activities Association.
9. Assume responsibility for proper care of the school facilities.
10. Supervise all students under his or her care.
11. Report injuries to administration in a timely manner.
12. Assist in building and sustaining a successful program that is widely supported and respected by the Searcy Public School District and community at large.
13. Other duties as assigned by the Principal or Athletic Director.
Send resumes to: