Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
The English Learner Specialist will facilitate the development of instructional staff through professional learning experiences which support instructional best practices and continued professional growth.
Specific Requirements for the English Learner (EL) specialist:
· Must have an ESL Endorsement with a minimum of 5 years of successful teaching experience with English Learners;
· Master’s degree in Education preferred
· Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of best practices in education for K-12 English Learners;
· Provides appropriate and effective support to ESOL coordinators and administrators as they design and implement Language Instruction Educational Programs for English Learners;
· Provides education about serving English Learners through public awareness and advocacy; supports Arkansas Teachers for English to Speakers of Other Languages (ARKTESOL);
· Collaborates with other EL Specialists and ADE EL staff to create, implement and support professional development initiatives aimed at ESOL Program support, English Language Proficiency Standards, and effective instruction for English Learners.
· Conducts regular meetings with ESOL coordinators at multiple co-ops as assigned by ADE ESOL Program Director.
· Develop and present professional learning experiences for classroom teachers, administrators and instructional support staff focused on supporting a diverse population including English Learners.
· Provide job embedded professional learning to support instruction for English Learners.
· Model, coach and support implementation of lessons and instructional strategies and assist teachers with supporting a diverse population including English Learners.
SUBMIT RESUME TO: email@example.com
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1
State-level Positions > Specialist
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dawson Education Service Cooperative is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Additional general job expectations/requirements:
· Maintains current Arkansas teaching license;
· Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and understanding of curriculum planning and instructional strategies;
· Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of state education laws, rules, standards, and procedures and federal education laws and guidelines related to job duties;
· Demonstrates adult learning theory in the delivery of technical assistance (face-to-face and blended) to support educators;
· Demonstrates efficient utilization of current technology for communication, data collection, and reporting;
· Works efficiently as a liaison between the ADE, the education cooperative, parent and professional organizations and other public and private agencies;
· Participates and actively engages during meetings as scheduled by ADE;
· Submits all required documentation and data by ADE;
· Works a minimum of 12 months, if holding 1.0 FTE (full-time equivalent) position; and
· Is evaluated by the ADE ESOL Program Director.
SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
At least 5 years of relevant experience preferred
Master degree preferred
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.