Beebe School District
Paraprofessional Every Day Substitute
Beebe Junior High School
Department: Junior High School Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports to: Principal
Grade/Level: Classified Positions Supervised: None
185-day contract. Daily hours are determined by length of contract and include a 30-minute lunch and two 15-minute breaks.
Perform duties that are instructional/supportive in nature. Serve in a position for which a teacher has ultimate responsibility for the design and implementation of educational programs and services.
- Supervise students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
- Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Enforce administration policies and rules governing students.
- Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage.
- Observe students' performance, and record relevant data to assess progress.
- Present subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of teachers, using lectures, discussions, or supervised role-playing methods.
- Distribute teaching materials such as textbooks, workbooks, papers, and pencils to students.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees, as required.
- Distribute tests and homework assignments and collect them when they are completed.
- Assist teachers as needed to support student activities.
- Monitor classroom viewing of live or recorded virtual courses, when applicable.
- Adhere to all policies of the District.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Associate's Degree (two-year college or technical school): Preferred A passing score on the Paraprofessional Proficiency Assessment will substitute for the Associate degree requirement.
Experience: No prior experience necessary
Computer Skills: Shall be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of proficiency with computers and programs associated with the position.
Other Requirements: 1. Successful completion of pre-employment background checks.
2. Appropriate personal and professional conduct at all times while around students and other staff members.
The Beebe School District has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Beebe School District reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Beebe School District may deem appropriate.
It is the policy of the Beebe School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices.