LIBRARY/MEDIA CENTER ASSISTANT
Siloam Springs School District (learn more)
- Job ID: 3136919
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
July 12, 2019
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Student Services > Librarian/Media Specialist
Title: Library/Media Center Assistant
Reports To: Principal, Assistant Principal, and Media Center Specialist
Terms of Employment: 185 days with benefits provided according to the Siloam Springs
School Board polices.
Experience: Some experience in an office setting or school library preferred but not required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate specialized computer system for circulating media center materials.
- Assist students with instructional tasks.
- Staff circulation desk.
- Assist and instruct students with book selection; charge and discharge books.
- Assist students with location and use of media center materials.
- Maintain and organize periodicals.
- Assist in controlling status of books in circulation; check on overdue books.
- Generate overdue and other computerized reports.
- Shelve returned books; replace incorrectly shelved books; label and mend books.
- Assist with the processing of new materials.
- Circulate media center equipment and materials; operate media center equipment.
- Assist with bulletin board displays.
- Assist with inventory of all media center materials.
- Maintain computerized records.
- Receive telephone calls and walk-in patrons; provide information and assistance, or direct to appropriate staff member.
- Perform related work as required.
- Lunch supervision and other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
General knowledge of the procedures, practices and equipment of a school library center; general knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic; ability to learn standard library tasks readily and to adhere to prescribed routines; ability to perform routine office duties and record keeping tasks; ability to operate standard office machines; ability to operate data processing and audio-visual equipment; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students and school employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Siloam Springs School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.