IN SCHOOL SUSPENSION PARAPROFESSIONAL
Searcy School District
- Job ID: 3154469
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
August 8, 2019
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
In School Suspension Paraprofessional
Ahlf Junior High School
Building Principal and/or other Supervisor
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
Supervises students who are assigned to in school suspension for disciplinary reasons.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The In School Suspension Paraprofessional shall:
- Establish high standards and expectations for all students to accept responsibility for behavior.
- Supervise students and consistently administer rules regarding student behavior during detention.
- Inform students of rules and expectations.
- Work with the administration to have in-school serve as an effective preventative disciplinary technique.
- Assist students as needed with homework or instructional assignments.
- Keep accurate records of student attendance and behavior, including any tardiness, and submit to the administration in a timely fashion.
- Engage the learners in differentiated learning experiences for the range of skill levels and developmental needs found in the classroom, managing, when appropriate, multiple instructional activities simultaneously.
- Use excellent written and oral English skills when communicating with students, parents, and colleagues
- Provide a nurturing, supportive, and positive classroom climate that encourages student responsibility, using positive motivation, clear classroom routines, challenging instructional strategies, and effective classroom management techniques.
- Establish a professional rapport with students that earns their respect.
- Communicate regularly with parents, seeking their support and advice, so as to create a cooperative relationship to support the child in the school.
- Assist with the preparation, monitoring, and following of Individualized Education Plans for selected students assigned to the class.
- Assume responsibility for all students within the school, beyond those specifically assigned, supervising in a fair and constructive manner to ensure the safety and well-being of all students.
- Ensure the safety and health of all students, notifying the administration of any unsafe conditions, following established procedures.
- Serve as a role model for students, dressing and grooming professionally, demonstrating the importance and relevance of learning, accepting responsibility, and demonstrating pride in the honorable profession of teaching.
- Attend required staff meetings.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information within legal confines.
- Perform any duties that are within the scope of employment and certifications, as assigned by the Principal and assigned supervisor, and not otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.
- Adhere to Arkansas school law, State Board of Education rules and regulations, Board of Education policies and regulations, school regulations and procedures, and contractual obligations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job. Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall:
- Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
- Sit, stand and walk for required periods of time.
- Speak and hear.
- Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
- Communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, computers and/or controls.
To access the district salary schedule, please click here.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Searcy School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.