Position Title: Payroll Specialist/Employee Insurance
Department: Central Office
Reports To: District Treasurer
Contract: 244 Days
Closing: August 16, 2019 or Until Filled
SUMMARY: The Payroll Specialist/Employee Insurance position is responsible for accurate and systematic monthly payrolls for all District employees. The position also maintains files of all payroll activity and information and assists in preparing the District’s annual budget as well as monthly and annual financial reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calculates monthly payroll
- Gathers and calculates timesheets for payroll entry
- Operate the eFinance software program provided by the State of Arkansas and attend required training
- Processes payroll, prepares and verifies payroll reports, and has paycheck vouchers ready for distribution on payday
- Generates contracts for alm employees
- Maintains records pertaining to employee deductions (additions or deletions) on the cafeteria plan, prepares reports for and assists cafeteria plan administrators during open enrollment
- Reconciles employee deduction bills and send premium to vendors each month
- Verifies employment(for financial purposes)
- Completes forms for unemployment, Department of Human Services, disability claims, and retirement
- Responds to garnishments (calculates amounts to be withheld)
- Distributes benefit information to employees and serves as liaison between employee and insurance companies
- Assists in preparing required monthly and quarterly reports, teacher retirement, W-2’s, financial reports, personnel budgeting employee rate information, and data reports for budget
- Completes state report on new hires monthly
- Collaborates with the HR Coordinator to ensure proper experience and educational credit are awarded to all new employees
- In the event of an extended absence of the Accounts Payable Clerk, this person would be responsible for helping to fulfill the duties of that position
- In the event of an extended absence of the District Treasurer, this person would be able to receipt revenue, monitor cash flow, balance withholding accounts, prepare monthly retirement reports, and monthly/quarterly payroll reports
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Daily attendance and punctuality are required for the purpose of ensuring the goals of the work unit can be met. The employee must display professionalism in appearance, attitude, and actions at all times.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or business-related field preferred with accounting experience preferred, or five successful years in a business/finance related position. Payroll-Accounts Payable experience is preferred, and experience using the Arkansas Public School Computer Network and eFinance program is preferred.
The Jacksonville North Pulaski School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Jacksonville North Pulaski School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.