Bryant School District
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Maintenance Director or Assistant Maintenance Director - Maintenance
Amount of Travel
Job Type: Regular
Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: 240-day contract. Hours are 7:30-4:00 daily with a 30-minute lunch and two 15-minute breaks. The daily schedule may be adjusted as required to meet the needs of the District.
Landscape or maintain property using hand or power tools or equipment. Duties for this position will also include general assignments that support the overall requirements of the maintenance department.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, power blowers, weed eaters, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
• Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edgers.
• Shovel snow from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread ice melt in those areas.
• Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks, or walls.
• Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
• Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
• Gather and remove grass clippings, leaves, branches, and other litter and dispose of them properly.
• Maintain or repair tools, equipment, or structures, such as buildings, greenhouses, fences, or benches, using hand or power tools.
• Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
• Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, or other grounds features.
• Water lawns, trees, or plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering cans.
• Haul or spread topsoil or spread straw over seeded soil to hold soil in place.
• Attach wires from planted trees to support stakes.
• Perform other duties such as hauling, lifting, carrying, and other physical tasks as required to support the overall mission of the District.
• Report to the proper authorities any cases of suspected child endangerment, neglect, or abuse.
• Report suspected bullying to building principal or designee as required by Arkansas law and district policies.
• Adhere to all policies of the District.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Director or Assistant Maintenance Director-Maintenance.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
• Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
• Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
• Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Loyal - The trait of feeling a sense of duty to the employer.
• Punctuality - Ability to report to work on time on a day-to-day basis.
• Regular attendance - Exhibiting regular attendance in order to perform duties in a satisfactory manner.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred
Experience: Previous experience in grounds maintenance preferred.
Computer Skills: Shall be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of proficiency with computers and programs associated with the position.
1. Valid AR driver’s license.
2. Successful completion of pre-employment background checks.
3. Appropriate personal and professional conduct at all times while around students and other staff members.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Manually Manipulate C
Reach Outward C
Reach Above Shoulder F
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs or less C
11-20 lbs C
21-50 lbs F
51-100 lbs F
Over 100 lbs O
12 lbs or less C
13-25 lbs C
26-40 lbs F
41-100 lbs O
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
• Sense of Sound - Able to carry on a normal conversation and communicate by telephone or portable radio.
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - As required for the job assignment.
The work environment for this position is generally in a school setting with both inside and outside work. The noise level is moderate in most situations. Some exposure to extreme heat or cold may be encountered depending on the job assignment and the season of the year.
The Human Resources Department has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Bryant School District reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the District may deem appropriate.
It is the policy of the Bryant School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices.