The following vacancy exists in Goshen Community Schools for the 2019-20 school year:
Goshen Community Schools
Swim Lesson Instructor
POSITION PURPOSE: The Swim Lesson Instructor is responsible for the health, safety and welfare of the students and guests using the swimming pool during swim lessons and/or swim units. The Swim Lesson Instructor’s main focus is for instructing swim lesson participants, maintaining the safety of participants in and around the class. They will also work with other instructors in co teaching certain classes and should communicate effectively with the lifeguards on duty and act as a team in an emergency.
- Instructs swim lesson participants.
- Maintains the safety of participants in and around the class.
- Works with other instructors in co teaching certain classes.
- Evaluates students participating in swim lessons.
- Submits completed report cards, skills sheets and attendance information on time.
- Attends mandatory meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Communicates effectively with the lifeguards on duty and acts as a team in an emergency.
- Delivers excellent customer service to all that utilize the facility and serve our diverse population.
- Attends all training and staff meetings
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI) or experience teaching swim lessons
- Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate skills in swim lesson instruction
- Ability to work independently
- Possess energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from patrons, or fellow staff
WORK CALENDAR: Aquatics Center is open 50 weeks per year, hours will depend on scheduling and availability.
SALARY: $12.00 per hour (if WSI certified, $13.00 per hour)
BENEFITS: Eligibility is based upon hours worked and can be reviewed during your interview. Benefit information can be found online at https://www.goshenschools.org/hr/benefits
APPLICATION PROCESS: In order to be considered for an interview, all applicants must have completed their on-line application at https://goshenschools.tedk12.com/hire.
Current GCS employees should click on the Internal link at the top of the page.
Please attach the following to your application:
- Letter of interest
- Up-to-date resume
- Three current letters of reference
For questions regarding this position please contact:
1216 S. Indiana Ave.
Goshen, IN 46526
The Goshen Community School's Board of School Trustees is an equal opportunity employer. Selection of the applicant will be made without reference to race, color, creed, sex, age, handicap, or national origin.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS: Until Filled