The following vacancy exists in Goshen Community Schools for the 2019-20 school year:
Chandler Elementary School
Custodian (52 week)
POSITION PURPOSE: The Custodian is responsible for properly maintaining the grounds and facilities of the District in a safe and efficient manner by providing proper maintenance to ensure the exterior and interior environment is safe, secure, and aesthetically attractive. In addition, this position supports Custodial operations by performing cleaning duties, as needed and directed, to provide students, employees and community with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient place in which to learn, play and develop.
- Cleans GCS district buildings and facilities by performing such duties as sweeping and dusting rooms and hallways; washing furniture, floors, walls; scrubbing and waxing floors and shampooing carpets; picking up litter and trash; cleaning restrooms.
- Maintains appearance and safety of GCS grounds by performing such duties as sweeping debris and shoveling snow from sidewalks; cutting the grass; trimming trees and shrubs; watering landscaping plants, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness in classrooms, including but not limited to trash cans, desks and chairs, green and white boards, windows, and other classroom surfaces and equipment.
- Performs minor maintenance to GCS buildings and facilities such as changing and cleaning lights; replacing vacuum cleaner belts; unstopping toilets and water fountains; resetting clocks after power failures; changing ceiling tiles.
- Ensures building security, locking and unlocking doors for cleaning or special school events taking place after regular hours; checks for unauthorized persons in building; calls security at opening or closing of building; checks and locks windows.
- Maintains and cares for assigned work equipment and work areas.
- Loads or unloads supplies/equipment and moves furniture, as required.
- School Nutrition: Setup, clean, maintain cafeteria and all equipment in cafeteria including emptying trash.
- Performs such other tasks and responsibilities as the Director of Facilities and/or Building Head Custodian may assign.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three years’ experience in maintenance/custodial work or a related field preferred
- Ability to work off ladders, scaffolds and at heights
- Ability to regularly lift a minimum of 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds and on occasion be able to lift 50-100 pounds
- Ability to interact with staff, students, and community in professional and courteous manner
HOURS: Full year: 52 weeks per year; 40 hours per week; 2:30pm to 11:00pm
SALARY: Beginning Wage $13.33 per hour with an increase after 90 days – rate is dependent upon education and experience
APPLICATION PROCESS: In order to be considered for an interview, all applicants must have completed their on-line application at https://goshenschools.tedk12.com/hire.
Current GCS employees should click on the Internal link at the top of the page.
Please attach the following to your application:
- Letter of interest
- Up-to-date resume
- Three current letters of reference
For questions regarding this position please contact:
613 East Purl Street
Goshen, IN 45626
The Goshen Community School's Board of School Trustees is an equal opportunity employer. Selection of the applicant will be made without reference to race, color, creed, sex, age, handicap, or national origin.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS: Until Filled