NORTH LITTLE ROCK SCHOOL DISTRICT
School Nurse (Registered Nurse)
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: District Nurse Supervisor
Grade/Level: P-12; to include staff members
Amount of Travel Required: 10% - 20%
Positions Supervised: None
8-hours per day, Monday through Friday; schedule to be determined by the District Nurse Supervisor. 193 days /year
Assess student health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled students. May advise students on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
· Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients' conditions.
· Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
· Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
· Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
· Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
· Direct and supervise less skilled nursing or health care personnel or supervise a particular unit.
· Provide health care, first aid, immunizations and assistance in convalescence and rehabilitation in locations such as schools, hospitals, and industry.
· Direct and coordinate infection control programs, advising and consulting with specified personnel about necessary precautions.
· Refer students or patients to specialized health resources or community agencies furnishing assistance.
· Work with individuals, groups, and families to plan and implement programs designed to improve the overall health of communities.
· Assist with all mandated health screenings to include but not limited to vision, hearing, scoliosis, and Body Mass Index screenings.
· Administer approved Health Department initiatives specifically but not limited to flu inoculations.
· Assist with district-wide athletic physicals as assigned by the Nurse Supervisor.
- Regular attendance – on days a nurse must be out you are to notify the home base principal, and other building principals to the location you are assigned, nurse supervisor, Director of Special Services.
· Positive attitude - Optimistic, team-first attitude displayed at all times
· Regular attendance - Regular attendance to maximize student progress
· Punctual - On time
· Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
· Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
· Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
· Consensus Building - Ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
· Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
· Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
· Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
· Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
· Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
· Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
· Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
· Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
· Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
· Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
· Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
· Loyal - The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
· Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education : Associates Degree or above
Experience : Two to four years related experience
Ability to operate related technologies
Certificates & Licenses
Must have a valid Arkansas State Board of Nursing license as a Registered Nurse.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Sense of Sound (ability to conduct telephone conversations.)
Sense of Smell
Sense of Taste
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (scrubs, gloves, and other protective equipment)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is frequently exposed to infection at a greater risk than the average person. The employee is directly responsible for the safety, well-being of students.
The North Little Rock School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.