1. Coordinates the Middle Years Programme for assigned school and provides instructional leadership to the faculty and staff
2. Collaborates with the District IB Coordinator, school administrators, partner schools and other offices on an ongoing basis
3. Develops, communicates and monitors an action plan, aligned to IB Standards and Practices, that promotes program growth and supports the vision of the school and school district
4. Provides leadership to the school community; regularly keeps faculty and administration informed on IB matters related to the IB Middle Years Programme and all new/revised IB Middle Years Programme publications
5. Facilitates outcome based collaborative planning, professional development and meetings for teachers to develop teacher capacity
6. Facilitates transdisciplinary curricular connections and assists with teacher collaboration in writing inter/transdisciplinary MYP units
7. Models effective, research-based instructional strategies and promotes a collaborative culture reflective of an IB school
8. Provides regular verbal and written feedback to teachers regarding program implementation for purposes of growth and improvement.
9. Makes connections with IB schools in the local and global community; seeks opportunities to promote international mindedness and to foster collaborative projects and service
10. Monitors the academic progress and well-being of students in the program; facilitates support services when appropriate; serves as mentor for students and conferences with parents
11. Gathers data and maintains accurate records including MYP units with supporting materials, student work samples, and work portfolios for students in the program
12. Sets and monitors goals to improve magnet student retention rates and successful completion of community and personal project; keeps evidence of monitoring and shares data analysis with IB Office and school leadership
13. Supports the Personal Project and the Community Project keeping faculty, administration, parents and students aware of their significance, beginning with Year 1 students
14. Represents AACPS, the IB program and the school appropriately and professionally in all communications and meetings.
15. Promotes program awareness and provides student support through parent meetings and information sessions during and outside the instructional day
16. Recruits new students to the program through information sessions and marketing materials and is responsible for managing the student application process for the school
17. Leads school through the Building Quality Curriculum monitoring process from registration to submission of materials, and professional development
18. Adheres to all IB regulations and procedures; administers and meets all regulations for the IB MYP evaluations and assessments.
19. Remains current in knowledge of IB instructional and programmatic developments and current education practices
20. Support the implementation of the IB continuum and the PYP and DP coordinators
21. Collaborates with other program leaders (ALPS, AVID, CDM, Signature, etc.) to ensure student access and student success
22. Makes the arrangements for IB Americas recognized training for teachers and school-based administrators and supports them through the process
23. Manages the MYP budget for the school and provides an annual budget spreadsheet to the IB District Office
24. Performs other duties as assigned.