SCIENCE TEACHER-NLRMS 7/8 GRADE (2 POSITIONS)
North Little Rock School District (learn more)
North Little Rock,
- Job ID: 3283045
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
May 22, 2020
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Classroom Teacher > Science: Astronomy
NORTH LITTLE ROCK SCHOOL DISTRICT
Job Description for
Secondary Science Teacher (2 Positions)
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Building Principal
Grade/Level: 7/8 Grade
Amount of Travel Required: Minimal travel may be required if in conjunction with pre-approved professional development
Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: 190-day contract, Monday through Friday;
Instruct students in Science at the secondary level designated according to state licensure, certification, and subject matter specifically as assigned by the building Principal.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom responsible. Follow district policy and building procedures associated with student management; consistently demonstrate proficient classroom management skills.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with other staff members.
- Demonstrate a high individual rate attendance (goal being 95% or above annually) in order to maximize student learning.
- Follow all building procedures regarding attendance and punctuality keeping your Principal informedat times.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities. &
Classroom Teacher > Science: Earth & Space
Classroom Teacher > Science: General
Equal Opportunity Employer
North Little Rock School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.