Position Title: CTE/Project Lead The Way Teacher: Medical Detectives Grades 6-8
Department: Building Level
Reports To: Principal
Closing: Until Filled
SUMMARY: Explore the biomedical sciences through hands-on projects and labs that require students to solve a variety of medical mysteries. Students will investigate medical careers, vital signs, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases, as well as human body systems such as the nervous system. Genetic testing for hereditary diseases and DNA crime scene analysis will put the students in the place of real-life medical detectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the educational program within the standards and policies established by the Arkansas Department of Career and Technical Education.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
- Participate in regular professional development activities to keep abreast of advances in technology, curriculum and instructional delivery techniques, and remain current in all areas of the field of expertise.
- Prepare students for industry by teaching industry-recognized standards. Administer industry-recognized certification examinations to students, as appropriate.
- Provide technical skills training to students to prepare for the appropriate PDE-approved end-of-program assessment, if applicable.
- Develop, revise and implement the curriculum as it pertains to each instructional area in accordance with established State and District guidelines and formats.
- Develop, revise and implement instructional activities and materials to support the curriculum.
- Utilize a diversity of instructional methods in order to motivate students and promote learning. Mentor students and provide counseling and/or refer students to appropriate school specialists.
- Provide and maintain a well-organized, safe learning environment.
- Implement and maintain a preventative safety program in lab and classroom areas consistent with related OSHA standards. Involve students in safety program.
- Prepare lesson plans weekly and provide lesson plans for short-term substitutes.
- Maintain daily attendance records and instructional plans.
- Implement and maintain a system of student discipline and encourage appropriate student behavior, in accordance with policies approved by the JNPSD Board of Education.
- Maintain student records, including Performance Assessment Logs, and communicate student progress to parents/guardians.
- Prepare students for work-based learning opportunities, as appropriate.
- Use, maintain, safeguard, inventory, and dispose of all instructional equipment in accordance with all applicable Federal, State, and District requirements and policies.
- Participate in the development of assigned students’ Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and utilize all accommodations as indicated on the IEPs.
- Maintain all paperwork and reports pertinent to position and as required by standards and policies approved and established by the Arkansas Department of Career Education.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and or EXERIENCE: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, a current/valid AR standard license in a core subject area, AR Highly Qualified Status, successful completetion of Teacher Excellence Support System professional development and the ability and willingness to use current and future technologies for instruction and support. Upon hiring, qualified applicants will be expected to attend professional development required by the Arkansas Department of Career Technical Education and Project Lead the Way.
SALARY AND TERMS:
Salary based on a teacher’s nine (9) month contract, plus additonal days for training.
Note: Precise placement on the salary range will be determined based upon education and experience.
The Jacksonville North Pulaski School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of the Jacksonville North Pulaski School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.