This job posting is for a Child Nutrition Food Service Worker Position. This position will start as a sub with full time hours and after 30 days, may be moved to a FT 180-day contracted position with benefits pending performance. Hours will be M-F from 7:30 am until 2:00 pm and/or 8:00 am until 2:30 pm, rotating. Additional hours may be necessary to help complete other food service program operations. No weekends, major holidays (per school calendar) and summers. Upon hiring, applicants must pass a background check and fingerprinting process. This process will cost the applicant $47.95 to begin the position. Position may be required to wear a face mask and proper PPE per state guidelines.
1. Education Level: High School Diploma or GED.
2. Experience Desired: One year of Food Service experience preferred.
3. Physical Requirements: Constant hand-eye and mind-eye coordination, walking, and standing. Frequent bending, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, turning, crouching and repetitive motions with wrists, hands and fingers. Ability to lift up to 35-50 lbs intermittently and able to work in hot or cold conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
4. Other Requirements: Written and verbal communication, problem solving, time management, human relations, conflict resolution and customer service skills. Ability to perform basic math computations and ability to keep information confidential. Adhere to the District’s Policies and Procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. Prepare food according to menus and recipes.
2. Set up serving lines and read production records.
3. Serve customers with a friendly and positive attitude.
4. Clean and sanitize between and after serving.
5. Wash dishes in the dish room and the sink area.
6. Clean floors and equipment.
7. Dispose of garbage and cardboard items.
8. Perform cashier duties whenever necessary.
9. Promotes a positive image of the Greenbrier School District.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.