QUALIFICATIONS: Experience working with disability students
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation
JOB GOAL: To assist in providing safe transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the district's curriculum and extracurricular program.
- Assist the bus driver in maintaining good student conduct.
- Assist in transporting students into school and home, delivering students into caretakers' responsibility.
- Operate a wheel chair lift and stabilizing the wheel chair in position on the bus.
- Assure that students get on and off the bus in a safe and orderly manner.
- Assist disabled students in getting on and off the bus.
- Complete required reports in the prescribed manner.
- Satisfactorily complete required training programs.
- Meet emergencies according to standing operation procedures.
- Collect and turn over to the school secretary those personal items left on the bus by students.
- Report for drug/alcohol testing as required by Board policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary Range: Range 1 - Support Staff Hourly Salary Schedule
Length of Contract: 178 contract days
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Personnel Status: Classified
Performance of this job will be evaluated according to provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Support Staff Personnel
Interested and qualified applicants should submit an online application at www.pcssd.org. Personnel currently employed by the district who meet the necessary qualifications may apply by submitting an online District application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE PULASKI COUNTY SPECIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT TO PROVIDE EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, QUALIFIED DISABLED, OR VETERAN IN ITS EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, EDUCATION SERVICES, FINANCIAL AID, AND EMPLOYMENT. THE DISTRICT WILL MAKE SPECIAL EFFORTS TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE WOMEN, BLACKS AND DISABLED PERSONS. EQUITY CONCERNS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO THE ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR EQUITY AND PUPIL SERVICES.