POSITION TITLE: ACADEMIC INTERVENTIONIST (TEMPORARY GRANT POSITION)
QUALIFICATIONS: Valid teaching certificate
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To aid and support teachers in implementing the instructional program.
- Provide instructional support services in the areas of math and literacy under the direct supervision of a highly qualified teacher.
- Assist in planning and implementing the learning environment, setting up learning centers, and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction as directed by the classroom teacher.
- Monitor student work as assigned by the classroom teacher.
- Praise and reinforce achievement of students.
- Report student progress to the classroom teacher.
- Work with the classroom teacher to assess student progress.
- Debrief daily regarding student performance and instructional interaction.
- Perform duties under the direction of the classroom teacher.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary Range: $16.00 an hour
Length: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (6 hrs/day)
Performance of this job will be evaluated according to provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Support Staff personnel.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit an online application at www.pcssd.org. Personnel currently employed by the district who meet the necessary qualifications may apply by submitting an online in-district application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE PULASKI COUNTY SPECIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, QUALIFIED DISABILITY OR VETERAN IN ITS EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, EDUCATIONAL SERVICES, FINANCIAL AID, AND EMPLOYMENT. THE DISTRICT WILL MAKE SPECIAL EFFORTS TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE WOMEN, BLACKS AND DISABLED PERSONS. EQUITY CONCERNS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO THE ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR EQUITY AND PUPIL SERVICES.