SPECIAL EDUCATION PARAPROFESSIONAL
Siloam Springs School District (learn more)
- Job ID: 3451403
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
February 22, 2021
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
POSITION TITLE: Special Education Paraprofessional
REPORTS TO: Principal/Special Education Director
- High school diploma
- At least one (1) of the following:
- Two (2) years of college credit;
- An associate’s degree (or higher);
- Provide evidence of passing the Arkansas State Board of Education adopted Praxis Paraprofessional Assessment
- Highly motivated with strong organizational skills; able to coordinate multiple tasks at one time.
- Self-starter; able to work independently.
- Willing and able to restraint training and pass it.
- Willing to move job placement to support student needs.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 185 day contract with benefits according to Siloam Springs School Board policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assisting students in achieving academic success.
- Working with students who may be aggressive or disruptive in class.
- Helping student by providing behavioral support.
- Personal care responsibilities.
- Helping students with social integration.
- Consulting and collaborating with the Special Education and Regular education teachers.
- Process invoices, track expenses, and produce expense reports.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Present and communicate in a professional manner.
- Work additional hours or overtime as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors or administration.
Special Education > Special Education Assistant
Equal Opportunity Employer
Siloam Springs School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.