Jacksonville North Pulaski School District
Position Title: School Psychology Specialist
Department: Special Education
Reports To: Director of Special Education
Contract: 2021-2022 School Year (192 Days)
Closing: Until filled
SUMMARY: The School Psychology Specialist serves as a specialist within the Special Education Department to assist in screening students being considered for referral to special education, conducting formal and informal evaluations, establishing the need for and eligibility of students for special services as defined by IDEA. The School Psychology Specialist is responsible for interpreting evaluation results, and recommending appropriate accommodations and modifications for students with disabilities to achieve success in the general education curriculum and in the least restrictive environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Displays knowledge and understanding of District, State and Federal procedures, policies and regulations by adherence to requirements, maintaining confidentiality and completing student records and reports accurately and on time.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in all areas of academic performance, social/emotional functioning, behavior, and organization.
- Participates on school-based intervention teams as part of the pre-referral process.
- Assists in early identification of students’ learning and behavioral problems by selecting and conducting assessments specific to the areas of concern and according to required components of psycho-educational evaluations.
- Adheres to assessment procedures designed to reduce bias in testing and evaluation.
- Applies psychological and psycho-educational assessment techniques and procedures in a valid manner.
- Assesses classroom and other school environments using observations, questionnaires, and checklists as part of the assessment process.
- Integrates data from complete evaluation batteries to identify students’ strengths, deficit areas, and behavioral characteristics.
- Utilizes data from a variety of assessments and according to required criteria and timelines to develop recommendations for educational programming and to assist in the determination of special education eligibility and need for placement.
- Provides written report to document the evaluation process and explain findings from assessment data.
- Participates in multidisciplinary conferences with teachers, parents, support services personnel, students (when appropriate), and other individuals with knowledge of the student to share evaluation results and discuss implementation of learning and behavioral strategies.
- Assists in the development of the Individual Education Plans for students identified as having a disability.
- Provides assistance for classroom organization and behavior management through consultation with teachers, parents and other school personnel.
- Collaborates with other district divisions and school administrators to develop and provide professional development relevant to special education procedures, programming, and effective learning strategies.
- Maintains records, files and other required documentation for District and State accountability reports.
- Provides and follows schedules for assigned schools and informs appropriate personnel of departures from schedule.
- Participates in professional development, curriculum development meetings and ongoing training to further develop specialized skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Graduate degree (M.B.A., M.A., etc), plus 3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience with appropriate Arkansas Dept of Education Licensure code.
JNPSD CLASSIFIED STIPENDS 2021-22
Associate's Degree $1,000
Bachelor's Degree $2,000
Masters's Degree $3,500
College degrees must be related to the job assignment. Official
college transcripts showing the degree awarded must be
submitted prior to the awarding of an approved stipend. Multiple
stipends will not be paid if an employee has more than one of the
same level of college degree.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Successful completion of pre-employment background checks. Appropriate personal and professional conduct at all times around students, other staff members and the general public.
The Jacksonville North Pulaski School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of the Jacksonville North Pulaski School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.