Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Position Title: General Business Manager/Bookkeeper
Salary Grade: Salary and work year to be determined by contract.
Department: Business & Finance
Division: Curriculum and Professional Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Superintendent
Last Updated: 03/2021
General Summary: The General Business Manager, under the direction of the Superintendent with monitoring support by the Deputy Superintendent, shall be responsible for supervising and managing the district’s daily financial operations and operating budget so as to ensure efficient and economic utilization of the financial resources of the Helena-West Helena School District.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervise and manage the district’s daily operating budget.
· Direct the long-range budgetary planning and projections of the district.
· Oversee the district’s purchasing, including signing all purchase orders.
· Coordinate with the Superintendent the monthly financial report to present to the Board.
· Lead the district in the “new technologies” relative to financial management practices.
· Oversee the district’s insurance programs, including Section 125 Cafeteria Plan.
· Oversee the district’s payrolls, district-wide activity funds, cafeteria funds, and accounting operations, etc.
· Direct APSCN financial series.
· Auditing processes relative to district programs.
· Oversee the development, monitoring and coordination of budgetary matters relative to the district’s
federal programs including Title programs, ESL, Gifted and Talented, SPED, etc. in coordination with
other directors and supervisors.
· Supervise and manage the district’s accounting office personnel.
· Work with appropriate personnel in the preparation, filing, and /or publication of:
a. Business-related legal notices in the newspaper.
b. Legally-required election documents.
c. Flyers, brochures, financial fact sheets for distribution during millage campaigns, etc.
· Manage all donations which are made to Helena-West Helena School District.
· Record and file all official documents involved in business transactions, such as contracts, agreements,
real estate titles, abstracts, etc.
· Direct financial reporting.
· Serve as a resource to the district’s Personnel Policies Committee in the development of district salaries.
· Develop and implement wage and salary schedules upon the approval of the Board.
· Coordinate the development of a comprehensive district-wide inventory system.
· Assist in organizational planning and participate in administrative team meetings.
· Assist in conduction district-wide orientation program regarding business affairs for new employees.
· Explore all prospective sources for funding.
· Work with the Deputy Superintendent for Personnel in generating employees’ contracts and
supervising employees’ sick leave records, Workman’s Compensation and Unemployment Claims, and
· Work with vendors, including insurance and products offered through the Cafeteria Plan.
· Perform the duties of District Treasurer as required by state law.
· Maintain CASBO certification
· Supervise the district financial personnel.
· Perform other tasks as assigned by the Superintendent or Deputy Superintendent in the performance of tasks generally associated with the position of Business Manager.
Contacts and Communication
· Close collaboration with staff members designated by the Board via the Superintendent.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree and above - required. Note: Experience may substitute for degree requirements.
· Finance or Accounting Degree - preferred.
· Three - five (3-5) years of experience in a financial and/or a school setting with a population of 1200 and above - recommended.
· Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1
$49,416 to $63,416 Per Year
Support Staff > Accounting/Bookkeeping
Equal Opportunity Employer
Helena-West Helena School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Three - five (3-5) years of experience in a financial and/or a school setting.
At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
Bachelor degree preferred
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.