TEMPORARY HOURLY SCHOOL NURSE
Pulaski County Special School District
- Job ID: 3510029
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
April 20, 2022
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
- Must be a Licensed Registered Nurse
- Minimum of two (2) yrs. nursing experience, school nurse or pediatrics experience preferred
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education
JOB GOAL: To assist in providing the fullest possible educational opportunity for each district student by minimizing absence due to illness and creating a climate of health and well-being in district schools.
- Assist in implementing Board policy on exclusion and readmission of students in connection with infectious and contagious diseases.
- Provide health instruction and counseling in the school and to parent and community groups.
- Perform health appraisal services by screening for BMI, Scoliosis and vision, through observation and collection of health data, and use the assembled information to assist students in securing medical care or treatment.
- Rescreen, refer and follow up for failure of any screening.
- Work cooperatively with other school personnel in promoting the health and well-being of students and employees.
- Assist schools in the development of procedures for caring for illness and injury at school.
- Train school personnel (designated by the principal) on procedure in compliance with Arkansas State Law and Arkansas State Department of Health guidelines for immunizations.
- Train school personnel (designated by principal) on procedures for treatment of head lice cases and School Board policy and other communicable diseases.
- Train school personnel (designated by principal) in medication policy and dispensing medications in the schools.
- Provide orientation, training and supervision for volunteers serving in the Health Room.
- Order first aid supplies for the health Room and replenish stock as needed.
- Report to parents, school personnel, physicians, clinics, and other agencies on student health matters as directed by the assistant superintendent for pupil personnel.
- Assume authority, in the absence of a physician, for the care of a student or staff member who has suffered an injury or emergency illness.
- Make recommendations to facilitator of health services on health needs of individual students.
- Assist school personnel in maintaining sanitary standards in schools.
- Complete accident reports involving students and forward to facilitator.
- Other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary Range: Minimum of $30.00/hr depending on experience
Length of Contract: As needed
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Support Staff Personnel.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit an application online at www.pcssd.org. Personnel currently employed by the district who meet the necessary qualifications may apply by submitting an in-district application online.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until filled
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE PULASKI COUNTY SPECIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, QUALIFIED DISABILITY OR VETERAN IN ITS EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, EDUCATION SERVICES, FINANCIAL AID, AND EMPLOYMENT. THE DISTRICT WILL MAKE SPECIAL EFFORTS TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE WOMEN, BLACKS AND DISABLED PERSONS. EQUITY CONCERNS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO THE ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR EQUITY AND PUPIL SERVICES.
Student Services > School Nurse
- Position Type: Part-time
- Positions Available: 4
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pulaski County Special School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.