Atkins School District
- Job ID: 3697836
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
October 13, 2021
Support Staff > Food Service
This position is responsible for carrying out duties of the Children Nutrition Department. Expectations include to work cooperatively in maintaining the food service program at the school level in an efficient and effective manner to meet the nutritional needs and program acceptability of students and staff in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Commits to working in a student-centered environment, evidencing enjoyment of working around children
- Participates in professional development and training as directed
- Reports to work as scheduled on a regular and reliable basis
- Understand and implement state-required mandated reporting procedures
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities daily.
- Works as a team member within the child nutrition department
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and /or directing appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Responsible for preparing and serving food in accordance with health and sanitation standards and continuously monitoring temperatures of food to assure safety and quality standards are met.
- Responsible for the performance of duties assigned by the manager, including but not limited to: working in extreme temperatures, bend and squat to clean kitchen equipment, standing for extended periods of time, lifting fifty pounds without assistance, and operating commercial food service equipment, such as convection ovens, fryers, mixers, braising pans, steamers, food processors, and dish machines.
- Responsible for any cleaning duties of kitchen, serving areas and equipment as assigned by the manager, including but not limited to: working with various household and industrial chemicals such as chlorine bleach, grease cutter, and/or oven cleaners
- Responsible for storing unused food and supplies, disposing of leftovers, and utilizing proper methods of handling foods to be stored.
- Record amounts of foods cooked and foods leftover and any money collected as assigned; assist with inventory and maintain routine records as directed.
- Possess ability to understand and respond to the verbal expressions of others, often in a noisy environment with multiple speakers and background noise.
- Collect money and maintain accurate records as assigned.
- Cooperate in all activities necessary for the best functioning of the school food service program.
- Observe safety rules and report any accidents according to District policy.
- Must have the ability to work for the duration of the daily contracted time period, and to be physically present and at assigned work, with only infrequent unexcused absences during the contract year.
- Practice desirable health and work habits, maintain acceptable standards of work, conduct, and dress code.
- Maintain an attitude of helpfulness toward fellow employees, students, and staff.
- Cooperate fully with faculty, students, manager, and other employees.
- Participate in in-service training programs as provided by the District and/or State.
- Perform any other duties/tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of the position as assigned.
Please contact Dr. Lori Edgin, Superintent at email@example.com, if interested.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Atkins School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.