LOCATION: Robinson High School
21501 Highway 10
Little Rock, Arkansas 72223
- High School diploma/GED
- Completed two (2) years of study at an institution of higher education or obtained an associate’s degree (or higher) or passed a paraprofessional academic assessment test.
- Ability to work with special needs students
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To aid and support teachers and other certified personnel in implementing the instructional program and related services for a student or students with disabilities.
- Provide one on one instruction or group instruction under the supervision of a certified teacher.
- Implement behavior management techniques as directed by teacher/building principal.
- Assist with the physical needs including but not limited to feeding, toileting, dressing, catheterization, physical management, etc. of the student. Some heavy lifting of the student is required.
- Administer medications and other medical supports as prescribed and directed by the school nurse.
- Complete daily work schedules as assigned by the teacher/principal.
- Assist the teacher with the maintenance of the classroom.
- Assist with duties such as the lunchroom, recess, buses for the student(s).
- Be aware of Board of Education policies, district and school guidelines, and regulations and adhere to the same.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary Range: Range 7 - Support Staff Hourly Salary Schedule ($12.79/hr. - $24.21/hr. depending on relevant experience)
Length of Contract: 178 contract days (In the event the student(s) is/are absent or moves from the district, reassignment of duties will occur. Reassignment may be in the building/location or in another building/location where services are needed.) 7 1/2 hours per day.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Personnel Status: Classified
Performance of this job will be evaluated according to provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Support Staff Personnel.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit an online application at www.pcssd.org. Personnel currently employed by the district who meet the necessary qualifications may apply by submitting an online District application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 27, 2021 (or until filled)
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE PULASKI COUNTY SPECIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, QUALIFIED DISABLED, OR VETERAN IN ITS EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, EDUCATIONAL SERVICES, FINANCIAL AID, AND EMPLOYMENT. THE DISTRICT WILL MAKE SPECIAL EFFORTS TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE WOMEN, BLACKS AND DISABLED PERSONS. EQUITY CONCERNS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO THE ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR EQUITY AND PUPIL SERVICES.