SPECIAL EDUCATION PARA-EDUCATOR
Pulaski County Special School District
- Job ID: 3732243
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
December 1, 2021
- Starting Date:
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
LOCATION: Clinton Elementary School
142 Hollywood Avenue
Sherwood, Arkansas 72120
- High school diploma/GED
- Completed two (2) years of study at an institution of higher education or obtained an associate’s degree (or higher) degree or passed a paraprofessional academic assessment test
- Ability to work with special students
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To aid and support teachers and other certified personnel in implementing the instructional program and related services for students with disabilities.
- Implement instructional activities with students as directed by the teacher/building principal in school and community sites.
- Assist in the preparation of lesson plans, instructional materials, and data collection.
- Assume responsibility for being prepared to perform instructional duties as prescribed.
- Acquire knowledge of the curriculum content of the classes in which he/she assists.
- Implement behavior management techniques as directed by teacher/building principal.
- Assist with the physical needs including (but not limited to) feeding, toileting, dressing, catheterization, physical management, etc. of the students. Some heavy lifting of students is required.
- Administer medications and other medical supports as prescribed and directed by the school nurse.
- Complete daily work schedules as assigned by the teacher/principal.
- Assist the teacher with the maintenance of the classroom.
- Assist with duties such as lunchroom, recess, bus, etc.
- Participate in inservices, staffing and faculty meetings, etc.
- Know Board of Education policies, district and school guidelines, regulations and adhere to the same.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary Range: Range 7 - Support Staff Hourly Salary Schedule ($12.79/hr. - $24.21/hr. depending on relevant experience)
Length of Contract: 181 contract days (In the event the needs of the classroom and/or children change, reassignment of duties will occur. Reassignment may be in the same building or alternate location where services are needed.) 7 hours per day
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Personnel Status: Classified
Performance of this job will be evaluated according to provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Support Staff Personnel.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit an online application at www.pcssd.org. Personnel currently employed by the district who meet the necessary qualifications may apply by submitting an online district application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 8, 2021 (or until filled - emergency posting)
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE PULASKI COUNTY SPECIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, QUALIFIED DISABLED, OR VETERAN IN ITS EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, EDUCATION SERVICES, FINANCIAL AID, AND EMPLOYMENT. THE DISTRICT WILL MAKE SPECIAL EFFORTS TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE WOMEN, BLACKS AND DISABLED PERSONS. EQUITY CONCERNS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO THE ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT OF EQUITY AND PUPIL SERVICES.
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Special Education > Special Education Assistant
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pulaski County Special School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.