To aid and support assigned special education teacher and other certified personnel in implementing the instructional program and support services.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Nine and one-fourth (9.25) month (184 days) contract – Schedule 752 - Range 102 - $17,822 - $30,965 plus benefits package. NOTE: Precise placement within the salary range will be determined based on experience. FLSA: Non-Exempt. Salary Range is based on an eight-hour workday - to be prorated for 7.5 hours.
- High school diploma with at least 60 college hours or Associate Degree or have passed the ParaPro Praxis Exam.
- Demonstrates competence for assigned responsibilities.
- Typing ability preferred.
- Possesses positive interpersonal relations skills.
- Commitment to the importance of confidentiality of records.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to quality desegregated education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position.
- Reinforces instructional activities with students as prescribed.
- Assists in the preparation of lesson plans and instructional materials.
- Assumes responsibility for being prepared to perform instructional duties as prescribed.
- Assists with the physical needs of the student (i.e. feeding, toileting, dressing, and catheterizing).
- Assists in and/or provides the transportation of students to and from learning sites.
- Learns the curriculum content of the classes in which he/she assists.
- Assists individual children in need of special attention.
- Implements behavior management techniques.
- Assists in data collection.
- Assists the teacher with maintenance of the classroom
- Assist with duties such as lunchroom, recess, bus, etc.
- Participates in in-services, staffing, faculty meetings, etc.
- Completes daily work schedules as assigned.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental Functions, Physical Requirements, and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, go up and down stairs, operate foot and hand controls, use a telephone and write. Occasionally the employee must lift and/or move up to twenty (20) or more pounds. This position requires accurate perceiving of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, handling and working with educational materials and/or objects, and providing oral information. Must have the ability to work for the duration of the daily contracted time period, and to be physically present and at assigned work, with only infrequent unexcused absences, during the contract year. Additional technical skills, knowledge, and abilities may be recommended by immediate supervisor and approved by the Human Resources Director.