KINDERGARTEN PARA-EDUCATOR (TEMP FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR)
Pulaski County Special School District
- Job ID: 3733353
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
December 2, 2021
- Starting Date:
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
LOCATION: Robinson Elementary School
21600 Highway 10
Little Rock, Arkansas 72223
- High school diploma AND
- Associate of arts or sciences degree in early childhood development OR child development associate credentials (CDA) AND
- If CDA credentials only, must have completed two (2) years of study at an institution of higher education or must have obtained an associates degree (or higher) degree or must have passed a paraprofessional academic assessment test (NCLB Highly Qualified)
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To aid and support the teacher in the kindergarten program.
- Reinforce instructional activities with students as prescribed by the teacher.
- Help set up centers at the beginning of the day.
- Help check in children - (Lunch money, check back packs, toileting, etc.)
- Do lunch count and attendance daily.
- Perform recess duties.
- Prepare and clean up snacks daily. Inform teacher when supplies are low.
- Prepare art projects and clean up afterwards. This includes mixing paint for easel and cleaning up brushes and containers.
- Prepare instructional lessons as directed by the teacher.
- Supervise children in lunch room.
- Properly supervise the behavior of children while in your care.
- Clean sink and straighten and dust shelves as needed.
- Help children change clothes when accidents occur.
- Participate in in-services, professional, and/or faculty meetings as directed by the building principal.
- Report to and is responsible to the classroom teacher and building principal.
- Other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary Range: Range 3 - Support Staff Hourly Salary Schedule ($11.10/hr. – $20.50/hr. depending on relevant experience)
Length of Contract: 178 contract days
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Personnel Status: Classified
Interested and qualified applicants should submit an online application at www.pcssd.org. Personnel currently employed by the District who meet the necessary qualifications may apply by submitting an online District application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 9, 2021 (or until filled - emergency posting)
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE PULASKI COUNTY SPECIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, QUALIFIED DISABILITY, OR VETERAN IN ITS EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, EDUCATION SERVICES, FINANCIAL AID, AND EMPLOYMENT. THE DISTRICT WILL MAKE SPECIAL EFFORTS TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE WOMEN, BLACKS AND DISABLED PERSONS. EQUITY CONCERNS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO THE ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR EQUITY AND PUPIL SERVICES.
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pulaski County Special School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.