Siloam Springs School District
- Job ID: 3733529
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
December 2, 2021
- Starting Date:
POSITION TITLE: PreK Classroom Paraprofessional
- High school diploma
- At least one (1) of the following:
- Two (2) years of college credit;
- An associate’s degree (or higher);
- Provide evidence of passing the Arkansas State Board of Education adopted Praxis Paraprofessional Assessment
- Child Development Associate Credential (CDA)
- Highly motivated with strong organizational skills; able to coordinate multiple tasks at one time.
- Self-starter; able to work independently.
REPORTS TO: Principal and/or PreK Director
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 185 days with benefits provided according to Siloam Springs School Board policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assisting students in achieving social- emotional and academic success.
- Helping student by providing behavioral support.
- Personal care responsibilities, such as toileting.
- Help students develop problem solving skills using Conscious Discipline techniques
- Attend required trainings.
- Monitor student progress and maintain documentation
- Collaborate with classroom teacher and other staff
- Follow guidelines of Arkansas Better Chance, Department of Human Services and Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale.
- Maintain positive communication with students and families
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Abide by state statutes, school board policies and regulations.
- Attend meetings and performs duties as assigned by administrators or supervisors.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
- Remain current on instructional practices in education.
Classroom Teacher > Preschool
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Equal Opportunity Employer
Siloam Springs School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.