LONG TERM SUBSTITUTE/GUEST TEACHER
Siloam Springs School District
- Job ID: 3736972
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
December 8, 2021
- Starting Date:
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
POSITION TITLE: Long Term Substitute/Guest Teacher
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Valid teaching license in good standing, preferably in the subject area and grade level of the vacant classroom
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field REPORTS TO: Building Principal
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Effectively manage a classroom of students during an extended absence of a regular classroom teacher.
2. Instruct students using a combination of existing lesson plans and developing new instructional materials as needed.
3. Diagnose and evaluate student abilities and progress in a timely and consistent manner.
4. Monitor student progress and adjust instruction accordingly.
5. May be required to participate in parent-teacher conferences and school-sponsored professional development.
6. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
7. Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
8. Maintain staff and student confidentiality.
9. Effectively implement and support district initiatives and policies.
10. Effectively collaborate with department and grade level teachers.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Abide by state statutes, school board policies and regulations.
2. Attend meetings and perform duties as assigned by administrators or supervisors. 3. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
4. Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
5. Model professional appearance, attitude, and demeanor.
6. Remain current on instructional practices in education.
Instructional Support > Substitute
- Position Type: Part-time
- Positions Available: 6
Equal Opportunity Employer
Siloam Springs School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.