MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHER (2021/2022 SCHOOL YEAR) TEMP EMERGENCY
Pulaski County Special School District
- Job ID: 3756182
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
January 21, 2022
- Starting Date:
THIS JOB POSTING IS PENDING APPROVAL
POSITION TITLE: CLASSROOM TEACHER
QUALIFICATIONS: Valid Arkansas teaching certificate
Middle School Teacher
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOALS: Implement the educational program for students.
1. Diagnose the achievement level of each student.
2. Plan, prescribe and direct the learning activities of students.
3. Motivate students to learn.
4. Create and maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning in both appearance of instructional station and activities therein.
5. Evaluate progress of students and inform students thereof on a continuous basis.
6. Assist with the counseling of students for their academic, personal, social and career improvement.
7. Implement school or district curricular goals.
8. Ensure that substitutes will have all information necessary for effective instruction.
9. Prepare and follow effective lesson plans.
10. Assist in the development of school and district curriculums.
11. Assist in assessing school and district needs for instructional materials and equipment.
12. Prepare for principal, lists of material and equipment needs for instructional assignment.
13. Inform students of school or district regulations that are pertinent to them.
14. Confer with parents on students progress and attitudes.
15. Supervise students in corridors, in rest rooms, in lunchrooms, on school grounds, etc. in accordance with Board policy. Such supervision that is on an assigned basis should be equitably distributed.
16. Assist in the enforcement of school regulations at all times.
17. Participate in all prescribed inservice programs.
18. Maintain, and make reports on, necessary records for pupil accounting, pupil progress, material and equipment inventories, collection of money, etc.
19. Check attendance and report absences and tardies.
20. Sponsor clubs and activities on an equitable basis.
21. Take responsibility for issued materials and equipment.
22. Know Board of Education policies, Desegregation Plan, district and school guidelines and regulations and adhere to same.
23. Supervise early and late bus students on an equitable assigned basis.
24. Attend faculty meetings.
25. Participate in professional activities that are related to subject area assignment.
26. Keep informed of latest curriculum developments.
27. Other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary Range: Teacher Salary Schedule. (Placement depends upon education and experience.)
Length of Contract: 190 days per contract year
Classroom Teacher > Middle Grades
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pulaski County Special School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.