POSITION TITLE: EARLY CHILDHOOD SPECIAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
(TEMP HOURLY 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR)
QUALIFICATIONS: Valid Arkansas certification in Early Childhood or Eligible for Additional Licensure Plan (ALP)
JOB GOALS: Develop and implement the individual education program for students with disabilities in general education.
1. Assess the needs of individual students.
2. Determine student’s strengths and weaknesses.
3. Assist in the development and implementation of behavioral programs: conduct functional assessments, participate in the development of interim and positive behavior plans, collect and graph data on students’ target behaviors and replacement behaviors.
4. Collaborate with teachers and model for teachers how to modify instruction for those students with behavioral needs.
5. Develop an individual education plan/specific program for each student based on diagnostic/assessment data.
6. Utilize instructional strategies to implement individual education plan for each student.
7. Create and maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning in both appearance of instructional station and activities therein.
9. Ensure, when applicable that substitute will have all information necessary for effective instruction.
10. Plan, prescribe and direct the learning activities of students.
11. Prepare and follow effective lesson plans.
12. Train and supervise district- approved para-educators.
13. Follow adopted district guidelines and procedures for implementation of programs for students identified as having special needs.
14. Participate as a team member in all aspects of a student’s educational program.
15. Assist in development of school and district curriculum.
16. Supervise students in corridors, in restrooms, in lunch rooms and on school grounds in accordance with district policy.
17. Assist in the enforcement of school regulations at all times.
18. Participate in all prescribed in service programs.
19. Maintain and make reports on necessary records for pupil accounting, pupil progress, material and equipment inventories.
20. Maintain special education files.
21. Maintain an accurate attendance and tardy reports.
22. Submit required special education reports and student progress reports.
23. Inform parents of each student’s education program regularly through home visits, phone calls, etc. and work to make parents an integral part of the team.
24. Schedule, attend and complete required paper work for Programming/Annual Review Conference/Referral Conference/Re-evaluation, etc.
25. Attend and participate in evaluation conferences.
26. Maintain and utilize data collection to monitor and analyze student progress.
27. Take responsibility for issued materials and equipment.
28. Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle emotionally charged situations.
29. Lead IEP teams with the development of student crisis and safety plans.
30. Understand special education laws, rules and regulations.
31. Follow building and school procedures.
32. Communicate regularly with the Director of Special Education.
33. Provide large and small group presentations.
34. Perform and model appropriate safety procedures for self and others.
35. Travel daily both in/out of district.
36. Perform lifting of heavy educational supplies and instructional equipment .
37. Have a working knowledge of all federal and state legislation and regulations which pertain to the rights and responsibilities of students with disabilities.
38. Know Board of Education policies, Desegregation Plan, district and school guidelines/regulations and adhere to same.
39. Effective written and oral communication skills.
40. Maintain confidentiality and comply with its state and federal regulations related to student privacy laws.
41. Physical and emotional ability and dexterity to perform required work and move about as needed in a fast-paced, high intensive work environment.
42. Perform other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary Range: Teacher Salary Schedule. Placement depends upon education and experience.
Length of Contract: 190 days per contract year
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Certified Personnel.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit an online application at www.pcssd.org. Personnel currently employed by the district who meet the necessary qualifications may apply by submitting an online district application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: until filled
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE PULASKI COUNTY SPECIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, QUALIFIED DISABLED, OR VETERAN IN ITS EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, EDUCATION SERVICES, FINANCIAL AID, AND EMPLOYMENT. THE DISTRICT WILL MAKE SPECIAL EFFORTS TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE WOMEN, BLACKS AND DISABLED PERSONS. EQUITY CONCERNS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO THE ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT OF EQUITY AND PUPIL SERVICES.