PARA-EDUCATOR FOR PREKINDERGARTEN (TEMPORARY FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR)
Pulaski County Special School District
Little Rock ,
- Job ID: 3758517
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
January 14, 2022
- Starting Date:
THIS JOB POSTING IS PENDING APPROVAL
LOCATION: College Station Elementary School
4710 Frasier Pike
Little Rock, Arkansas 72053
High School Graduate and one of the following:
- Child Development Associate (CDA Credential) AND passed the ParaPro Assessment exam or have 60 or more college hours
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in another area with at least 12 hours of study related to Early Childhood
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To aid and support the teacher in the prekindergarten program.
- Reinforce instructional activities with students as prescribed by the teacher.
- Help set up centers at the beginning of the day and clean and stack chairs at the end of the day.
- Help check in children - (Folders, notes, etc.)
- Complete lunch count and attendance daily.
- Help in teaching social skills during gross motor play/activities.
- Help in distribution of snacks daily.
- Prepare art projects and clean up afterwards. This includes mixing paint for easel and cleaning up brushes and containers.
- Prepare instructional lessons as directed by the teacher.
- Supervise children in cafeteria and help in teaching social skills.
- Put out cots for nap time and keep cots labeled with children's name.
- Supervise children during nap time.
- Wash cot sheets weekly.
- Responsible for properly supervising children while in his/her care.
- Help in collecting data for Work Sampling.
- Help children change clothes when accidents occur.
- Follow all guidelines set forth by Arkansas Better Chance and Arkansas Department of Human Services Childcare Licensing.
- Must complete annually at least 30 hours of professional development pertaining to Early Childhood Development.
- Participate in in-service, professional, and/or faculty meetings as directed by the building principal and as required by the Department of Human Services (DHS).
- Reports to, and is responsible to the classroom teacher and building principal.
- Other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary Range: Range 7 - Support Staff Hourly Salary Schedule ($12.79/hr. – $24.21/hr. depending on relevant experience)
Length of Contract: 178 contract days, 7 1/2 hours per day
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Personnel Status: Classified
Performance of this job will be evaluated according to provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Support Staff Personnel.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit an online application at www.pcssd.org. Personnel currently employed by the District who meet the necessary qualifications may apply by submitting an online District application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 21, 2022 (or until filled - emergency posting)
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE PULASKI COUNTY SPECIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT TO PROVIDE EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, QUALIFIED DISABILITY, OR VETERAN IN ITS EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, EDUCATION SERVICES, FINANCIAL AID, AND EMPLOYMENT. THE DISTRICT WILL MAKE SPECIAL EFFORTS TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE WOMEN, BLACKS AND DISABLED PERSONS. EQUITY CONCERNS WILL BE ADDRESSED TO THE ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR EQUITY AND PUPIL SERVICES.
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pulaski County Special School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.