Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
DUTIES OF THE SUPERINTENDENT
The Superintendent, as the chief executive officer of the Board and the school system, shall be the administrative head of all departments in the District. The Superintendent shall be responsible to the Sheridan Board of Education for administering the school system according to the mandates of the laws, Arkansas Department of Education, other agencies of jurisdiction, and policies governing school operations. While the Superintendent may delegate his/her duties when and where necessary and appropriate, he/she shall be responsible to the Board for the results of those duties delegated.
The Superintendent shall be the Ex officio financial secretary as provided for in A.C.A. § 6-17-918(a).
Some of the Superintendent’s duties include:
1) Implementing the policies of the Board;
2) Being responsible for the planning and implementation of an educational program in accordance with State and Federal requirements and the needs of the District;
3) Reporting to the Board concerning the status of the educational program, personnel, and operations, and making recommendations for improving instruction, activities, services, and facilities;
4) Acting as a liaison between the Board and school personnel;
5) Making recommendations to the Board concerning personnel employment, discipline, and termination;
6) Communicating the District’s vision and mission to staff, students, parents, and the community;
7) Being responsible for the development of short- and long-term goals for the District;
8) Preparing and presenting an annual budget for the District to the Board for its consideration;
9) Administering the District’s budget and regularly reporting to the Board on the financial condition of the District;
10) Attending and participating in all meetings of the Board except when his employment is being considered;
11) Preparing, in consultation with the Board President, the agenda for all Board meetings;
12) Being responsible for the planning and implementation of an effective personnel evaluation system that is aligned with the goals of the District; and
13) Maintaining a current knowledge of developments in curriculum and instruction, as well as pertinent legal changes, and advising the professional staff and Board of such information.
The salary and employment benefits of the Superintendent shall be determined by the Board. This includes such benefits as insurance, transportation allowances, annual vacations, holidays, and any other entitlements as deemed appropriate.
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1
Administrator > Superintendent
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sheridan School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Advanced Studies degree preferred
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.