LOCATION: Mills Middle School
1205 E. Dixon Road
Little Rock, Arkansas 72206
- Two (2) years accounting/bookkeeping experience or business related degree
- Two (2) years of experience with Microsoft Office including Excel
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written
- Experience with APSCN Financial Management System preferred
- School bookkeeping experience preferred
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: Perform efficient daily accounting and bookkeeping functions related to the operations of a secondary school.
- Perform the management, accounting, disbursements, and reporting functions related to school activity funds as outlined in the Business Procedures Manual.
- Prepare and maintain accurate accounting for activity, instructional, vocational, capital outlay, federal, textbook, and athletic budgets.
- Record Activity Fund transactions in APSCN daily.
- Ensure receipts are issued at the time funds are received and bank deposits are made daily.
- Responsible for issuing and maintaining a record of all receipt books used in the school.
- Submit weekly reports to Business Office Activity Fund Accountant for monthly reconciliation.
- Prepare all requisitions and warehouse requests.
- Prepare all personnel recommendation forms with the budget string coding.
- Manage electronic Timekeeping system and submit biweekly payroll information to Business Office Payroll Department.
- Prepare change, tickets, and reports for athletic and school events. Account for all returned funds and tickets after the event.
- Arrange for maintenance of office machines.
- Help maintain a positive school image.
- Perform other school-related secretarial duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary Range: Range 6 - Support Staff Hourly Salary Schedule ($12.18/hr. - $23.60/hr. depending on relevant experience)
Length of Contract: 244 contract days
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Personnel Status: Classified
Performance of this job will be evaluated according to provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Support Staff Personnel.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit an online application at www.pcssd.org. Personnel currently employed by the district who meet the necessary qualifications may apply by submitting an online District application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 28, 2022 (or until filled - emergency posting)
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE PULASKI COUNTY SPECIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT TO PROVIDE EQUAL
OPPORTUNITIES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, QUALIFIED
DISABILITY, OR VETERAN IN ITS EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, EDUCATION SERVICES,
FINANCIAL AID, AND EMPLOYMENT. THE DISTRICT WILL MAKE SPECIAL EFFORTS TO EMPLOY AND
ADVANCE WOMEN, BLACKS AND DISABLED PERSONS. EQUITY CONCERNS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO THE
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR EQUITY AND PUPIL SERVICES.