Jacksonville North Pulaski School District
Position Title: Alternative Learning Environment(ALE) Secretary/Attendance Clerk
Department: Building Level
Reports To: Building Principal
Contract: 2022-2023 School Year (190 days)
SUMMARY: To assist the building administrators in office activities so as to provide the best educational services to students. Responsible for performing all office duties related to office and clerical duties as well as student attendance, faculty attendance and substitute coverage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for clerical needs of building administrators.
- Maintains a variety of office files and records.
- Assists in the registration of all new students.
- General office and receptionist duties including answering the phones, working with parents, teachers, students, and staff members.
- Updates detention list and distribute to appropriate personnel.
- Handle all aspects of out of school suspension.
- Maintains accurate daily and revolving reports of all excused and unexcused tardies and absences, and reports to Principals daily.
- Maintains accurate daily attendance records and reports of faculty. Reports to Principals daily.
- Works with Substitute Teacher Contractor to ensure classroom coverage on a daily basis.
- Checks students in or out of the building with parent or guardian.
- Documents notes from parents, doctors, dentists and court on student records.
- Appropriately greets visitors, parents, and accepts deliveries coming into the building and direct them to the appropriate area.
- Provides assistance to other office personnel as required to maintain a smooth running office.
- Performs any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION/LICENSURE/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education and training in clerical specific skill areas required. Must possess strong computer and written and oral communication skills.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Successful completion of pre-employment background checks. Appropriate personal and professional conduct at all times around students, other staff members and the general public.
The Jacksonville North Pulaski School District is an Equal Opportunity