Jacksonville North Pulaski School District
Position Title: Alternate Learning Environment (ALE) 4-5 Grade Teacher
Department: Building Level
Reports To: Building Principal
Contract: 2022-2023 School Year (190 days)
Closing: Until Filled
SUMMARY: The role of the ALE teacher is to work with 4-5 grade students assigned to the alternative environment to enhance their reading and mathematics skills and to work with regular classroom teachers in monitoring student growth in academics and improved student behavior.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches approved curriculum for individual student placement
- Develops differentiated lessons appropriate for ALE students; small group, one-on-one, whole group, etc…
- Provides nurturing, supportive, and positive classroom environment that encourages student responsibility
- Participates in student placement and transition conferences
- Assists in developing individualized Student Action Plans (SAP)
- Assists in the implementation of school’s RTI program
- Maintains accurate student records
- Adapts and modifies instruction based on students emotional, behavioral, academic and social status
- Assists administration in implementing district policies and guidelines that govern student behavior and safety
- Maintains an orderly and safe classroom environment
- Collaborates with school and district personnel to ensure student success is maximized. Collaborates on resources, goals, objectives, etc…
- Communicates with administration about classroom concerns
- Communicates regularly with parents/guardians about student progress
- Partners with school counseling services and mental health providers in order to positively affect student success
- Attends required staff and district meetings
- Participates in school wide events
- Completes and participates in required building and district professional development activities
EDUCATION/LICENSURE/EXPERIENCE: Must possess a valid Arkansas teaching license in an area that meets the positions essential duties, responsibilities and grade levels.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Successful completion of pre-employment background checks. Appropriate personal and professional conduct at all times around students, other staff members and the general public.
The Jacksonville North Pulaski School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of the Jacksonville North Pulaski School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.