Jacksonville North Pulaski School District
Position Title: Secretary – Secondary Counselors (JMS)
Department: Building Level
Reports To: Building Principal
Contract: 2022-23 School Year
Closing: Until filled
SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting in the efficient and effective operation of the school Counselors' office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains all student records such as transcripts and report cards
- Helps maintain a positive school image by properly hosting all visitors.
- Performs general secretarial duties and operates standard office machines.
- Performs registrar duties (maintenance of student records, these records include but are not limited to, attendance records, immunization records, grades, and transfer information.
- Compiles and maintains cumulative folders and other guidance records for students.
- Performs the total operation of the computer terminal and paperwork associated with it.
- Assists in the preparation and administration of standardized testing.
- Assists in the development of the course offerings catalog
- Assists in the creation of the student course schedule
- Assists in the organization of pre-registration.
- Prepares various reports for the guidance department.
- Supervises the counselors' student aides.
- Inputs transcript information for new students.
- Assists with maintenance of cumulative records of each student.
- Assists counselors in updating and editing courses in eSchool Plus.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION/LICENSURE/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or equivalent. Must have prior clerical experience (preferably in a school). Strong computer, written and oral communication skills required.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Successful completion of pre-employment background checks. Appropriate personal and professional conduct at all times around students, other staff members and the general public.
The Jacksonville North Pulaski School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of the Jacksonville North Pulaski School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.